Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TLS Fics of the Week 9/13 - 9/19/2011- Five Star Reviews of Five Sweet Fics


Words With Strangers by Nolebucgirl
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7176635/1/Words_with_Strangers
EPOV Companion Piece to Words with Friends. Movie star Edward Cullen is done with women and focused on his career. A stranger reaches out to him via Words with Friends. Will her words change his mind? Twilight - Rated: M
Review by: Mina Rivera

Who hasn’t heard of the game Word with Friends?

Or even of the story by Nolebucgrl with that title?

If you haven’t read her story, then don’t worry.

Words with Strangers is the companion to Words with Friends, where we see the side of famous actor Edward Cullen meeting a stranger through the famous game. I know sometimes people tend to only read exclusively one point of view for fear of repetition, but you have nothing to fear with this original storyline. Nolebucgrl does an amazing job keeping you on your toes and then have you beg for more, more and MORE!

At the beginning, it is boredom what makes this Edward accept the game with BluBell22 and he soon discovers that there is more than letters and cute PMs behind the mysterious new player.

A simple question: Hi. Do I know you? And the airwaves of communication are opened…

It was good to be home. Too bad I was only here for a few hours. I couldn't even go to my childhood home, which my parents still maintained even though we all lived in Hollywood now. I was in the dressing room waiting to go talk to Oprah. Garrett and Kate were coordinating some more interviews and I was bored.

I opened my phone and pulled up Words again. Hmm, that BluBell22 had played and left me a message. I clicked on it and felt myself smiling at his/her words.

No, I just wanted someone new to play with.

You and me both, my new friend. Too bad the only playing I'd be doing would be with myself for a while.

Oh, I didn't mean it like that! Sorry, I'm a spaz.

I found myself laughing. A spaz? That was different. Well, better a spaz than a stalker, right?
She/he had played spy. Hmm, that was an interesting choice of words to go with my stalker thought. Oh well, what was the harm in responding? I needed to find out if my new friend was a male or a female, because calling them he/she was kind of dumb.

Time to have a little fun with my spaz.

Ladies start your engines! Or better yet, stock up on panties, shamwows and tissues, because these two will play a very naughty game with some very dirty words, and the also WWF, of course!

Skeletor17: I'm not wearing the t-shirt of the band I'm going to see, Bella. I'm talking about my physical well-being. How are you going to risk the yard stick like that?

Did I really go there? Yes, yes I did. Well, what could I say? My dick was always involved when she was around.

BlueBel22: I would never risk your yard stick, Edward. Not before I got my hands and other things on it, at least.

Fuck, this girl was going to kill me. But what a way to go.

Skeletor17: Other things? Such as?

Let's see just how far you'll go, Bella.

BlueBel22: Whatever you'll let me put on it, of course. A bell, to remind you of me and to inform me of when certain things arise? A bow, for me to unwrap like a present?

A bell? Yeah, I was laughing again. How did she do that? Though she could absolutely unwrap me anytime.

AND THAT’S JUST THE BEGINNING!

As the time goes and Edward hops from one country to another, the messages and emails turn more and more… steamy. You will laugh, pant, squirm, giggle, snort, fan yourself and repeat through the chapters, because there is nothing like a dirty talking, or in this case typing, to make you reach for that favorite toy of yours or the unscented lotion you have available.

Why unscented lotion? Well, that for you to find out and for Wordward to tell you. ;D
So go, read this amazing story and maybe go look for someone to play in WWF, heck, maybe you’ll find me there!

Although LaMomo would probably advise you not to, since I already kicked her ass! ;D

Go read, play and read some more, you won’t be able to put it down once you have started!

Till next time.

Xoxo

~Mina





Evading Edward by VampsHaveLaws
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5399084/1/Evading_Edward
Bella's first encounter with Edward instantly leads to a mutual dislike. She is the new girl in town that has attracted more than one admirer and he's the boy who usually gets what he wants. So how will one evade when the other is set to conquer? AH Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: Dolly Reader and Kitty Vuitton

Evading Edward is a story that is about friendships, secret relationships and of course lust and love during high school.  You get to know Edward and Bella separately before they are continuously pushed together by their close friends and family.  At first, it is hatred at first sight.  Bella refuses to fall for Edwards player ways, and Edward is too absorbed in himself to get to know the real Bella.

I felt my eyes bulge once again. He was tall, lean and dressed in all black. His t-shirt was sculpted to his obviously well-defined chest and torso. I nervously lifted my gaze to see a perfect, chiseled jaw and prominent cheekbones all covered in familiar pale skin.

I again heightened my gaze, and was met with the most piercing emerald green eyes I had ever seen. It was almost as if they were searing straight through me, leaving a hot trail in their wake. It was then that I noticed the messy bronze hair. It looked like he'd either been running his hands through it constantly all morning, or he'd had one hell of a fucking session. From what I'd been told by the others, I decided sex hair it was.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, momentarily breaking eye contact. I quickly glanced back up through my lashes to meet his stare once more. OK, when had he gotten right in front of me? I took another deep breath to calm myself, mint and something like cinnamon and musk filling my lungs. So, this is Edward Cullen?

"You know, you should really look where the fuck you're going!" he seethed. OK, asshole was definitely more fitting.

"What the hell? You do realize that you were the one driving and nearly hit me? Did you hit your head? Are you confused?" I waved my hand in front of his face as if to try and prove my statement.

As these two continue to dance around one another and unsuccessfully ignore the passion that is burning within them, they realize that maybe an agreement can be made.  An agreement that allows them to taste the forbidden fruit while pretending that It has no effects on them.

"Do you know what the worst part is?" I asked softly. He shook his head curtly, evidently extremely uncomfortable with this conversation. "The worst part is that I don't know if I can fight it any more than you can. There's this... thing, this connection -" I trailed off, not knowing how to finish that sentence.

"You know, I once thought of you as a stubborn puzzle piece," I stated, quickly moistening my lips. "Nothing about the way you behave or speak fits with the other."

As their secret relationship takes root, their agreement allows them to express their need for one another, but shields the truth from everyone in their circle.  Edward & Bella are both determined to protect their connection and it's intensity from influencing forces (friends and parents) because they want what they have to be special to them.  There are many bumps along the way for these two, making it a constant challenge to keep their secret relationship from their friends.  The fact that they are each magnetic in their own right ensures that they are constantly negotiating attention from other boys and girls respectively.  Bella has Jacob and James vying for her attentions, while Edward attempts to avoid being ensnared by an entire cadre of mean girls.

"You cook?" he asked. I nodded at James, holding my hand out for the spaghetti. He handed it to me without any incident, which I wasn't expecting, but then again it was only Edward who was childish enough to do things like that...

"Anyway, I'm glad I ran into you, I wanted to ask you something," he voiced, taking a step closer to me, his eyes taking on a new expression. I looked at him warily, not sure what he was going to ask me.

"What's that?" I requested, transferring the weight of the basket to my free hand, trying not to let my caginess show. He tilted his head to the side as if searching for something, his actions increasing my nerves.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out next weekend, maybe have dinner, catch a movie?" My eyes widened in shock, his expression unwavering. I swallowed the lump in my throat, turning my head away from his gaze...

Can Bella push her feelings for Edward aside, knowing that he may never want more then just a secret relationship, and see that maybe there is someone out there that can give her more?  What does she sacrifice for her secret relationship with Edward?  And what will the fall out be when their closest friends realize that Edward and Bella have been lying to them all along?

"Jake," I shouted, heart pounding as I tried to catch up. "Please, stop."

His shoulders tensed as he registered my voice, and I could see Rosalie pushing Emmett forward as they both passed by me, a few yards to the side nearer the shore line.

My breath came out in short bursts as Jacob swung around to face me, mouth drawn into a frown.

"Did anyone else know?" he asked, brows lowering as his Adam's apple bobbed in his throat.

I knew what he was asking. I shook my head. "No."

"How long?" he questioned, hands clenching into fists.

I said nothing. Suddenly couldn't.

"How long!" he shouted as tears finally streaked their way down my cheeks.

"About six months," I whispered, watching his face crack.

He took a step away, distressed. "So the whole time...?"

Holding in a sob, I could only nod, my eyes briefly squeezing shut against the look on his face.

Will Jacob forgive her, and is Edward man enough to stand up and admit his true feelings not only to Bella, but to his family?  Evading Edward has only just begun to give us insight to these questions.

  

Bare by Stella Luna Sky
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5115281/1/
Winner of two Summer 2009 Indies. A beautifully plain girl writes the colors used to unravel a young prodigy of the brushstroke. What color are the eyes that see through the heart? Forest green and their rooted brown. AH/M. COMPLETE. Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: OneBraveLamb

stella luna sky’s - Bare, is pure prose masquerading as fanfiction. I fell in love with the way she wrote her characters from the very first chapter.

...
“I am not beautiful, she wrote. Her script was a mixture of cursive and print, the lovely handwriting already a contradiction of her words. I am my mother's keeper, my daddy's little girl, and I thank them for my name, but I do not live up to it.

The notebook slammed shut suddenly, because she felt eyes where they didn't belong, ghosting her words with each loop and scratch.

"There is Camus in your back pocket, and a Biology textbook on your desk," she hissed at the boy next to her. "Surely, they are more interesting than the musings of an insecure girl."

"Sorry," he whispered back, and she could almost feel the heat of his shame in being caught.”
...

It’s actually hard to write a review, because I feel that all of my words are sadly lacking. But I’ll persevere and give it my best shot, anyway.

Bella is an insecure girl, who doesn’t believe that she’s beautiful, even though everything she does screams beauty.

...
“She didn't open her notebook again until late that night, ready to pour out the strange day in ink. She was full; Charlie had brought home some good steaks from the local butcher, and it was dry enough to grill, so he manned the outdoors while she made a salad and a pasta side. Now it was rainy, the good kind of rainy, where it made sleep comfortable and quick, and she was almost ready to succumb.

When she flipped it open to the page she had left off on, a very different script met her eyes. Under her rant of beauty lacking, were three words in a neat, elegant print:

You are beautiful.

And, just for a moment, she believed it.”
...

Edward is an artist, who sees beauty where other’s can not.

Ah, a match made in Heaven.

Sadly, it’s not all rainbows and smiles for these two. Where Bella is plagued by insecurities, Edward is haunted by his past.  The road these two find themselves on is a bumpy one, indeed, but luckily Bella has more wit and snark than any mere mortal should possess; her view of the world helps keep you from despairing too much.

...
"Who… was that?" Bella whispered to Angela.

"That was Edward Cullen," Angela answered. "Alice's brother. I've never seen him act like that… he's aloof, but always polite. Just like the rest of their family. Alice is the only outgoing one, but even she's distant, to an extent. I've never… oh my goodness."

"What did you do to piss Edward Cullen off so much?" Lauren called down the table. "Rumor has it, he loves all women… you must repel even man whores, Bella."

"If my brother is a whore, then what does that make you?" said a musical, infuriated voice behind Bella. "The village bicycle?"

"The village doorknob," Bella answered without thinking. "Everyone gives it a turn."

The table erupted in laughter, and Lauren's face reminded her of Bosch's paintings of Hell. She felt a small hand on her shoulder, and turned to see Alice's smiling face.
...

It’s a very poignant and mature high school story about love, loss and finding yourself. You’ll be swept away with Edward’s brushstrokes and yearn to be able to wield words like Bella. Bare truly is a magical story that you’ll want to bury yourself in. I just don’t have the words to adequately express my love for it.

I really don’t want to give away too much of this story, because it’s a fantastic read and you’ll really want to discover these two, and all of the supporting characters on your own. So go do that, and leave stella luna sky some love when you realize you adore her as much as I do.



From My Window by Kitkat681
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7350614/1/From_my_Window
Every morning he watches her run past his house. He wants her. She has no idea.
Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: Cara No

I was looking for a quick read last weekend, and little did I know that the story I stumbled upon would turn me into a panting, not to mention pleading, mess. I wasn’t alone in this mess, far from it, and we were many begging Kitkat681 for more and more and… ungh… more.
From Your Window is a drabble fic, meaning short chapters popping up like a birthday gift in your inbox often. Very often in Kitkat’s case because she started and finished the fic in two days.
So… we have Voyeurward and Dirty Runner Girl. It’s mostly in EPOV, and boy is he a horny dude.
In the first chapter, we find out that Edward watches a woman from his living room window every morning. He has for the past six months. He’s captivated and… horny.
A taste…

Here she comes…here she comes…here she comes.
Oh God…
Instant fucking titanium hard on.
Harder than I have ever been in my life.
What is this girl doing to me?
Well, woman really. Cause I know she is a woman…her body is not built like a girl's.
I want to bury my face between those tits and just motor boat the hell outta them.
If I suffocate… then what a way to die.
I have never been happier to have this huge window in my living room than I am at this moment.
Cup of coffee in one hand.
Cock in the other.
What a way to start the morning


Yeah, he wants her alright. And seriously, that line; Cup of coffee in one hand. Cock in the other. It kills me everytime!
And that was just Chapter 3.
Here’s a little something from Chapter 4.

I think she knows I am watching her.
I think she is putting on a show.
I think…
Fuck I think I may be jerking off while standing in front of a curtain-less window in broad daylight.
Yep…
Yep I am.
Cock is out.
Hand is stroking.
And somethin’ somethin’ from Chapter 9.
I hope you run all around the neighborhood…
Thinking of me…
Watching you…
Getting hard…
Stroking it…
Fuck…
Cumming…
God Damn…
Another morning of me cleaning up jizz off the wall.


See where I’m going with this?
Yeah.
But there’s more. As we read about Edward getting off over and over we also learn a little about his life. And it doesn’t take long before your mind starts to spin.
Do Edward and Bella know each other? That’s the question.
And if they do. How do they know each other?

Can you see my car?
Through the falling snow?
Can you see me?
I don't think you can, but I'm going slow just in case.
I would hate to freak you out…
But I worry.
About you getting home safe.
I worry.


Yes, soon he ventures outside of his house. In his car he follows her. But is he just a voyeur? Is he just a stalker?
For me to know, and for you to find out ;)
All I can say is that you should read it. We get humor mixed with a little sadness, and no matter how creepy one might find Edward, you will fall for him. I sure did.
From Your Window is complete and ready for you to devour. Go!
/CaraNo


Kinkily Ever After by Bornonhalloween
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7312097/1/
Can Edward/Black Velvet/The Dark Prince and Isabella/OnMyKnees/The Princess find everything their hearts and bodies desire in each other? With their fairy tale beginning behind them, can they step into real life together and live kinkily ever after? Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: Kitkat681

In order to talk about Kinkily Ever After by bornonhalloween…you first must read Once upon a Desire, since Kinkily Ever After is a sequel. I know, I know… it looks daunting, but those 153 chapters fly by.


Okay…you read them?


Good, now I can tell you about Edward and Isabella’s continued relationship in Kinkily Ever After. The story starts off as they are leaving the Ball and the prologue gives us a look at what has already happened and what is still to come.


Once upon another time, there was a treacherously handsome, tuxedo-clad Prince, slinking through the waning hours of the Eve of Christmas Eve in a New York City Checker Cab. Next to him on the slippery tape-patched plastic bench seat, joined together at intertwined fingers, was an exquisitely stunning Princess, dressed in a royal blue ball gown that would make any Oscar-nominated actress weep with envy.

She's made a series of monumental decisions tonight, any one of which would be fair cause for
reconsideration; the heart-wrenching breakup with her longstanding boyfriend; the surrender to undeniable longings toward the man seated to her right; the terrifying conclusion that her darkest desires can no longer be subdued.

Though perhaps not as obvious, he's risked everything as well. Because this time, for the first time ever, his heart is on the line.


Thankfully bornonhalloween takes pity on us after suffering through 153 chapters of UST (That’s Unresolved Sexual Tension) and gets right to the good stuff. Chapter three is titled First Surrender and boy howdy does our Bella surrender, but of course if Edward came at me with a feather, I think I would give in too.


"I critiqued your Millionaire Master. Do you remember, Isabella?" He must know I've memorized every word that Black Velvet wrote to OnMyKnees about her stories.

"Yes, Sir," I answer promptly.

"And what was my suggestion?" he questions patiently.

"You said that the Master was too harsh and that the heiress would've come at the first touch of the feather, if she'd been yours." As I say the word 'yours', my heart skips a beat or two. His.

Which version will he act out; his own, resulting in sweet release, or omk's, causing me to live out the cruel denial I rained down on my fictional heiress?

"A+, Princess! Just for that, I'm going to give you a little reward." At his words, I stifle the desperate whimper threatening to escape, but I can't contain the drizzle of moisture that starts its path down my inner thigh. A slight breeze would trigger my orgasm right now.

"Now, here's how this is going to go. On my count, you're going to lift your dress up to your waist, and I'm going to brush your sweet, soaking wet pussy with this tickly feather just one time, and you are going to have the most thunderous orgasm of your life. And it's going to be all mine. Understand?"

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!"

He holds the feather under my chin and chuckles at my eagerness, but reprimands me swiftly. "Use your words, Princess."

"Yes, Sir."

"Good girl," he praises. "Now don't forget, I want to hear you. Loud and clear. Ready?"

"Yes, Sir," I articulate clearly, doing my part to get this show on the road as quickly as possible.

"Five…..four….three…two….


I know…I left it there… that was mean.


Not only do we get to see Sir and Isabella’s partnership develop we also get to watch as Bella
and Edward battle through the nuances of a ‘vanilla’ relationship. Bornonhalloween tosses in
some ‘chocolate chips’ for us from time to time so we don’t suffer too badly. I for one am excited to watch as Edward tries to figure out when he should be the Dark Prince, Black Velvet or just the sweet Edward Cullen who thinks it is no big deal to hack into Bella’s Bloomingdales account to find out her sizes.

There is also a oneshot called Prince Charming’s Tale that follows Jasper in the few weeks before the ball. We get to see if Jasper is as clueless as he seemed in Once Upon a Desire.

As for the velvet tie that Edward wore to clue Bella into his true identity…I have it on good authority that that piece of fabric will be coming out to play very soon.

 Get in early on this one folks…

Cause I think bornonhalloween is going to take us for one hell of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket