Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome to TLS Nursey!


Welcome to TLS Nursery! Here we nurture all of the newborn stories (stories published within the last 30 days) that we love! Everything in our nursery has been read and approved by a few - or a lot - of the TLS ladies and we think you will enjoy cuddling up to these babies as well.


There are so many awesome stories to check out this week! I have read about half myself and can't wait to get started on the rest. Please have a looksie and leave some love. And remember to let them know who sent you! XOXO



Saving Myself by 107yearoldvirgin

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7690201/1/

He's fresh out of the Army. She's fresh out of luck...and her mind. They've just met, but when an opportunity to win 2mill on a reality show arises, can they pretend to be in love? And saving themselves for marriage? BxE/AH/Fluff-fic


Winter Song by jessypt

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7616412/1/

Sometimes a Christmas miracle is nothing more than a second chance. A story told through Fictionista Workshop's Daily Witfits.


My Sweet Variable by LifeInTheSnow

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7762489/1/My_Sweet_Variable

My Sweet Variable by Life in the Snow


Review by Rochelle Allison


Having read Branching Inward, I was confident that the writing style and content of Life in the Snow's new fic, My Sweet Variable, would appeal to me as well. She's pretty masterful at fleshed out, genuine characterizations and plots that meander and flow with purpose and beauty.


Anyway, to say that her new story exceeded expectation would be an understatement.


It's so good! It's completely unlike anything else I've read: intrigue, mystery, dystopian. So good. I can already see that this is going to be one of the stories I pant over when it updates. I read chaoter one with the biggest grin ever.


Edward is sexy and mysterious (mysterious to us, though not to Bella) yet very accessible and Bella is pretty tough and able herself, though she doesn't quite know it yet. I can't reveal anything about who they are to each other, and ...well, I don't want to give anything away. Read this. It's fantastic and sure to be amazing.


Practice to Deceive by Livie79

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7699988/1/Practice_to_Deceive

I saw her today. I wasn't impressed. But he wanted her, and that was enough for me. He would feel what I felt. She was just collateral damage. AH ExB


Going Under by Sparklnfade

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7728698/1/Going_Under

It's been ten years since the summer Bella Swan's life changed. What will happen when she comes face to face with the reason for it? She went under once, will she go under again? AH ExB


Consign Me Not To Darkness by msj2779

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7653135/1/Consign_Me_Not_to_Darkness

Bella has just escaped from the grasp of a torturous relationship and she finds herself in the slums of Chicago. She's a shadow of who she used to be and has the anxiety to go with it. With some help, she finds hope... AH B E. Some dark situations.


Beautiful Storm by Troublefollows1017 -

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7601746/1/My_Beautiful_Storm

Weather-obsessed Bella finds Edward's journal, leading her on a trip down memory lane. Back then, Edward had run away, hoping to find a new purpose. Bella couldn't wait for her chance to escape, sure she knew what she wanted. Neither one expected this.


Review by: FictionFreak95


Trouble gives me so much happy with this fic. She gave me lock jaw from smiling so much this past week as a matter of fact and I even told her so.


I’ll just start out by saying, this is not just another story about High School Edward and Bella. The story begins, actually, with adult Bella finding adult Edward’s journal under their bed. Their bed. So we know they are together, somehow, we just don’t know how they got there… Until Bella starts reading the journal.


She finds a note, first of all, addressed to her, from Edward. It’s… *swoony worthy* and then she just can’t help but begin reading through his memories of how the two of them first met and how they fell in love. It’s a journey I’m excited to be a part of because I know the genius that is Trouble… and she will never ever write something that I’m planning on passing up.


I’ll leave you with a little snippet from my favorite chapter yet:


Edward tilted his head towards mine. "Why is everyone staring at me?" he whispered.


Because you're with me. "Have you seen yourself?" I joked instead.


He pushed at his hair. "No, I haven't looked at myself since this morning. Is there something wrong?"


I giggled at his anxiety. "There's nothing wrong with you." Besides the fact that you're walking with me. "People are attracted to pretty things, Edward."


The nerves fell away and he smiled. "Did you just call me good looking?"


"No," I snorted. "I called you pretty."


"You're pretty."


"You're weird." I shook my head, refusing to let his words settle into my consciousness. I needed to get to Angela. If I could get to Angela, everything would be okay.


"You're weird."


"You're terrible at basketball."


"So are you," he retorted. "We should join forces. Maybe get married, have a couple pretty but weird kids who are really good at physics but terrible at basketball."


I dropped my tray on Angela's table and tried to pretend Edward did not just say that. She stopped talking to Ben and stared as Edward took the seat next to me.


"Hi," he said, smiling and giving a little wave.


Angela seemed to be suffering from cat-got-your-tongue disease, but Ben welcomed Edward with a rhetorical, "What's up?" When Angela stopped staring at our guest, she began berating me with her eyes. She also cleared her throat. Three times. I stared back, giving her my "What?" look. Her eyes moved to Edward and then back to me. Again, I gave her my "What?" look. So what if Edward was sitting with us? What the hell was her problem? Did she not understand that I was under severe emotional distress? Edward Cullen, the hottest guy in school, was my friend, said I was pretty and weird, and wanted to marry me and have pretty weird kids together. That trumped any issues she had with him joining us for lunch.


"Edward, right?" Angela questioned, putting on her friendliest smile. I loved that she was trying to play it cool.


Before Edward could confirm what my best friend already knew to be true, Heidi and Gianna rudely interrupted. "Here you are! We were saving you a spot over at our table for lunch. Don't feel like you have to sit alone," Gianna said, putting a hand out.


I crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying to figure out when sitting with three other people was considered sitting alone.


"I think I'm going to stay here with Bella, but thanks."


"Oh silly..." Heidi placed her hand on his shoulder, and the urge I had to bite it made me smile "...not even Emmett sits with Bella. He sits with us at the tables over there." She pointed to the table filled with the Bitch Brigade next to another table of football players.


"Bella and I have to share an apple." Poor Edward turned the color of our sweet little prize as he held it up as proof that he had to stay here. Heidi and Gianna stared at him like he had two heads. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. That's right, ladies. Edward and I share joint custody of an apple. Back the hell off.


God I love this guy. SFM.


Now go, run, do not walk to your nearest computer or otherwise internet savvy device and read it, the Storm is a brewin’ and it’s gonna be a fantastic ride!


LOVE!


Fangirl by MaverickWrit - rec'd by Mina Rivera

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7462188/1/Fangirl

"I am not obsessed," I repeated to myself for the hundredth time today. "I am simply enjoying a film. It's not obsession. I am not a fangirl." Bella Swan is in deep denial.


Footprints in the Snow by Cosmogirl7481- rec'd by TLS FIC OF THE WEEK

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7610974/1/

"An hour from now, when the snow falls again, it will be like we weren't even there. But we will remember." A story of unrequited love, and how the things we keep silent can hurt us and the ones we hold closest. E/B Rated M for themes of an adult nature.


Last Call by Robsmyyummy Cabanaboy - rec'd by LaMomo/Suebee

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7596421/1/Last_Call

The past she's struggling to remember is the time he'd rather forget... Can they move beyond the scars and forge a new beginning together or have they missed their Last Call? AH, Rated M for language & lemons.


What would you do if you couldn't remember your past? If the past few years of your life were wiped clean? If you had to recreate yourself? Most would talk to family members and friends, but what if they no longer existed either? Bella Swan lost her parents and her husband in a fatal car crash, the night of her wedding. When she woke up, she didn't remember them or herself.


With no one to talk to, she went on with her life. After years of rehab, she has settled in the summer haven of Loveladies on the Jersey shore, a place of her youth and her past, although, none of it is familiar to her. Looking to begin her life again, maybe she will have the chance to do so when she meets someone who does know her from before, although he isn't too pleased to see her.


When the waiter at the local bar serves them, and recognizes Bella, she has hope for finding out about herself although is the possibility dashed when he reveals to her friend, "Listen, I'm your bartender here and will happily take care of your drink orders for the night. But honestly, there's not one shred of decency in your little friend back there. At least there wasn't when I knew her. And I really don't care to revisit those days, ok? Life's too short, you know? My name is Edward. Let me know if I can get you anything else."


"Last Call" is a hilarious fic which is going to keep us guessing because the Bella we now know is not the one that Edward remembers. I can't wait to find out what Robsmyyummy Cabanaboy has planned for us on this adventure!!


Patience is a Virtue by conversed - rec'd by PAWsPeaches

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7619457/1/

AGE GAPS FIVE: Emmett told me that good things come to those who wait. When it comes to his brother, Edward, patience is a virtue that I lack. AH M/M slash.


Requiem by katinki - published 11/28

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7591168/1/

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13. When hope and faith are insufficient – when they fail to heal and save the soul – is love strong enough to conquer decades of guilt and remorse? AU. ExB


Skim the Surface by buff82 - rec'd by the ladies of TLS


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7614297/1/Skim_the_Surface

Rumor has it. Bella deals with the reality that one little lie told can change everything. A/U Rated M for mature content.


String Theory by theladyingrey42 - published 11/27

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7589412/1/

"Eleven dimensions. Infinite parallel realities. And in all of them, I love her." Muppets, math, and physicists falling in love. Fluff and eventual lemons. ExB, AH.


Water Landing by camoozle - published 11/27

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7588907/1/Water_Landing

High School's a lot like a plane crash. You check for the exit. You secure your mask. And if you're lucky, you survive. AU, AH, All EPOV.


If you enjoy reading a story about a perfect Edward, then I suggest checking out any of the other stories rec'd this week. However, if you are interested in an Edward whose High School experience was about the same as most teen's, then this is the fic for you! Edward isn't popular, although he does have friends, he drives a Volvo, but it was his dad's and has seen better days, he is a musician, he plays the trumpet in the school's marching band, do I need to go on? A regular, nice guy surviving hell called High School and a home life where his pregnant teen sister is constantly being filmed for '16 and Pregnant', Edward Masen is doing his best to get by. Jam packed with a huge cast of characters, hilarious dialogue and an evolving plot check out Camoozle's "Water Landing" for a humorous look at a life, through a teen boy's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket