Saturday, December 15, 2012

TLS Fics of the Week 12/10 - 12/16/2012: The Fab Five are up!



By Your Leave by  Jonesn353402
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8436114/1/By-Your-Leave
Honorably discharged Sergeant Major  Edward Cullen meets widow Bella Black and her young son Seth. The ad says room  for rent, but maybe they have more to offer each other than just space. Rated:  Fiction M

Reviewed by: robsta (@lobsters4ever1)

I have a confession. I fic dive. A lot. I have been fic diving for years and probably won’t stop soon.  During one of my recent fic diving expeditions I found ‘By Your Leave’ by jonesn353402.

The summary mentions winning a contest I’d never heard of but when I read “Sergeant Major Edward Cullen” well, I was all in (because the thought of Edward in a military uniform just does stuff to me).

This is a sweet story about a mom, her son, and this new man in their lives.  Widowed Bella places an ad to rent a room to help with expenses and Edward responds. He immediately moves in and there is the expected awkwardness. But hey, there is that one moment when Bella sees him naked.

“My walk back to the school was filled with thoughts of Edward. Edward's bottle green eyes. Edward's sharp jaw line. Edward's pouty, pink lips. Edward.. naked. I felt my cheeks heating up with the visuals flashing through my mind.Broad shoulders.Narrow waist.Back dimples.Round, firm ass.Semper Fi was inked in black, blocked lettering across his upper back and when he turned, I could make out the black eagle, globe, and anchor, covering his left shoulder.”

Unf.  An inked, ex-Marine Edward?  Yes and please!

This story is a slow burn as you watch these Bella and Edward’s attraction and feelings grow. They are repeatedly stalled by their inability to tell the other how they feel as they both struggle with their pasts.  There are several wonderfully touching moments between Bella and Edward but some of my favorite Edward moments are due to Bella’s son, Seth.  He is just adorable and his interactions with Edward are precious.

"Did you know my dad?" My heart breaks when I hear his precious, little voice asking this question."No. I didn't know your dad Seth, but I'm sure he was a great man." Seth nods, laying his head on Edward's shoulder, and I swallow to ward off the threatening tears."Yeah. That's what my mom says. And, that's why she married him. You think he thought mom was the prettiest too?" Edward nods then lays his head on top of Seth's."I'm sure he did, Seth. I would bet that everyone thinks she's the prettiest." And in hearing his kind words, those threatening tears start to fall.”

Ohai DILFward!

But if I’m being honest nothing compares to the UST and smutty moments.

"I was thinking about you." Moving the hair from my shoulder, his thumb skims my neck. A familiar heat floods me, as it comes to rest over my pulse point."About those men kissing you." He applies the smallest amount of pressure, backing me up against the wall, and my mouth falls open. On command; it waits for him.I close my eyes as he tilts my head back. Lowering his mouth, he hovers over mine, and I swallow his cinnamon spiced breath. "Tell me to stop, Bella, and I'll stop." His already deep voice deepens; vibrating everywhere we touch. It intensifies the thready thrum under the heaviness of his thumb.

"Oh God." I exhale, releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Placing my hand over his, I hold him against my neck. "Don't stop." I'm hoarse, begging; dizzy with need as I fist his dark wool sweater, and pull him closer. I softly cry out when he takes in my bottom lip.His soft, warm wetness only teases me as his tongue lightly sweeps. I let him taste before I pull it out, closing my mouth over his. I flush with eagerness. Rubbing against him, I feel him harden as our tongues meet. I moan into his heated flesh as he holds me in place, thrusting where I need him most.”

Yeah.  And that’s why I read M-rated fics. ;)  This story just makes me smile and swoon and it's definitely worth checking out.


Holding On and Letting Go by Jenny0719
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8382216/1/Holding-On-and-Letting-Go
Masen Valley, SC. Population: 10,789. It was a tiny dot on a map; an escape  of sorts for Bella Swan. But when circumstances bring a certain member of Masen  Valley's founding family back to town, she finds that the past isn't as easy to  leave behind as she thought it would be... Or let go.  Rated: Fiction M



Hot Commodity by Blueeyedcherry
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7358208/1/Hot-Commodity
Edward Cullen is used to getting everything he wants. Good looking,  wealthy, and charming, NYC's most reputable playboy doesn't take "no" for an  answer. Then he meets Isabella Swan and all bets are off ... Except for one.  *AH/OOC*Rated: Fiction M


Walk by Mustlovertp
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8263906/1/Walk
After a betrayal leaves Edward reeling, he decides to change the course of  his life. Starting over can be a daunting task. Will he let a certain young,  brown eyed beauty help him find what he's looking for? AH canon pairings Rated M  for adult content Olderward/Doctorward Rated: Fiction M



Honest Liar by A White Blank Page
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8257657/1/Honest-Liar
Bella once told me that there was nothing braver than a flower growing  through a crack in the sidewalk. I laughed because she was always giving  feelings to things that don't feel. If she was standing next to me, I'd tuck the  dandelion behind her ear. Or she'd blow on it and make a wish. A hundred wishes.  Or maybe just one. Rated: Fiction M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket