Saturday, May 25, 2013

TLS Fics of the Week 5/21 - 5/27/2013: The Fab Five are up!


In Pursuit by Sarge’s Girls
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9154475/1/In-Pursuit
A normal night out changes everything for two innocent sisters, who stumble upon something that will change their lives forever. Two brave U.S. marshals have to keep them hidden and keep them safe. How far are they willing to go to do what's right? Are the consequences worth it all? AH/Canon Couples/Rated M

Reviewed by Lost In Fanfiction

In Pursuit, the hot new story written by the duo, Sarge’s Girls, is a fantastic story, full of suspense, action and the building desire of two vulnerable sisters and the marshal's who've been entrusted to their care.

This story begins with carefree twenty- five year old, fraternal twin sisters, Mary (Alice)  and Marie (Bella), witnessing a murder.  Unbeknownst to them, they witness a mob killing.  If they want to live and do the right thing, they are forced into hiding until they are able to testify against the notorious mobsters.

As a special request to his friends, Angela and Ben, and with the help of Uncle Al, Edward’s lieutenant and longtime family friend, Edward and Jasper, are brought in to hide and protect the young women for the duration.

The girls, who are traumatized and terrified, start a tumultuous and very dangerous journey with Edward, and Jasper.

Jasper Whitlock had been very calm, very friendly when he'd shaken our hands and said hello. He'd made us instantly feel at ease with two strange men in the small motel room. His southern accent had flowed like warm honey and...as odd as it seemed...felt like the hugs my mother used to give us when we were young.
Edward, on the other hand, was darker – in personality and in looks. He'd been gruff, just like Angela had said, and almost impersonal. Not impolite, really, just professional and distant. When he'd instructed us to listen to whatever he and Jasper told us, his voice had softened almost imperceptibly, but he'd still been slightly intimidating.

This is the second amazing collaboration for these authors.  I was impressed with their first story and couldn’t wait to dive into this one. The authors alternate writing points of view, Jenny writes Bella and Deb writes Edward. However, you would never know it because both writers are equally eloquent and talented.

For a split second, I saw the real Marie. Not the scared and tired girl, not the girl that carried too much guilt, but the woman that probably took life by the horns and shoved it around like she wanted it. It was sexy – and a little unnerving that I found it that damn sexy – but it was the facts all the same. She raised her own eyebrow up at me after checking the weapon and securing the safety.
I chuckled. "Thatta girl."

The UST between Edward and Bella has intensified with each chapter.  Based on the exploits in Coming Home (their first, and very successful collaboration) and the M rating.  I have realistic expectations that these ladies will deliver some steamy, lemony goodness as the story unfolds.

There was a giant fucking elephant in the garage with us, but I was an even bigger chicken-shit for ignoring it. I knew it as she stared up at me for a moment. I could even feel it pulling me to her, but I simply dropped my cigarette butt and smashed it with my shoe. My cowardly ass was saved when the inside door opened again.

Just reading the musings of two single men forced into living with and protecting two single girls is fun enough.  Then throw in some yoga and...

Yoga. Fuck my life, the girls were doing yoga. Again. They'd started doing it the day after Marie's...er, Bella's meltdown. Every other day, we were forced to listen to and watch some overly happy, extremely relaxed chick coach the girls through thirty minutes of the most obscene positions I'd ever seen. The first time we'd witnessed it, Jasper had destroyed a can of Coke in his bare hand, spilling that shit everywhere, and I'd practically burned the hell out of my dick dropping a spoonful of hot oatmeal onto my lap.

Bracing myself, I opened the door. It was impossible not to look to the living room floor once inside the house. Two very fit girls, two sets of tight clothes, and two pairs of legs able to bend into positions that seemed inconceivable were crouched on the floor. I'd known exotic dancers that couldn't even do that shit.

I let out a breath, stalking quickly through the room and into the kitchen. Slamming the paper down onto the counter, I smirked when Jasper jumped. Fucker was failing at his stealthy way of watching them. Not one word on his crossword puzzle was for real, I'd have been willing to bet.

"Mm, thank you," Jasper muttered, drawling out the last word, which caused me snort into a laugh. His eyes locked with mine. "Gotta love that Downward Facing Dog..."

I’m so excited to see how this plays out. Will Edward and Jasper be able to keep these girls safe?  Will their attraction for the girls cloud their judgement?  Or will the men be able to remain professional and objective enough to keep Bella and Alice safe until trial? And, if so, what happens then?

Al watched her leave us and then spun his head around to face me. "That's one beautiful girl." Al leaned against the car, facing us, but his focus was on Jasper. "Talk to me, Whitlock. Tell me about how you're bending a few rules in there."

Chapter 9 was just posted on Sunday, but these ladies had me sucked in at chapter 1. From day one, they drew me in with their characters and made me care about what happens to them.  I’m not the least bit surprised it won Fiction of the Week.

If you shy away from works in progress I think you are safe with this one. Sarge’s Girls consistently post meaty chapters every Sunday.

Given the number of followers, reviews and obvious love for this story I’m definitely not the only one who looks forward to Marshalward each Sunday.


Higher by SexyLexiCullen
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9254112/1/Higher
Summer of 1994: Dial-up internet. Pagers. Walkmans. AOL chat rooms. O.J in a white Bronco. And blazingly hot weather in Brooklyn where eighteen-year-old Bella Swan is filling her days making ice cream sundaes before she starts college. But one long night – full of Ecstasy, subway rides, dark dance clubs, and a boy she doesn't want to stay away from – may change everything. Rated M



Curve Ball by Staceleo
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9102043/1/Curve-Ball
Opposites attract don't they? Not in Bella Swan's world. Unfortunately, the Captain of the baseball team has other ideas. A short chapter tale written for mauigirl60. Rated M


I Fell in Love by Anhanninen
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247324/1/I-Fell-in-Love
Set in her ways and believing that the world only takes, reclusive Bella finds her life turned completely around when she meets a handsome and compassionate man. Love doesn't happen in one moment. It happens in every moment. Rated M


Heart of Stone by Coldplaywhore
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8874407/1/Heart-of-Stone
Edward, in an effort to make use of his ability to read minds, uses his gifts to rid the truly evil people in the world and protect the innocent. Unfortunately, he never expected her to come along and change his life so drastically. Nothing will be the same. AU Vampward. Rated M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket