Wednesday, September 18, 2013

TLS Fic of the Week 9/17-9/23: the Fab Five are up!


Open Range- A Short Story by PattyRose
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9632155/1/
Open-Range-A-Short-Story In the mid 1800's, out on the western range is where a real man makes his livelihood. And if he's mighty lucky, it's where he makes his destiny as well. A six chapter story with daily updates. E & B. Rated M

Review by: Cared

I’d like to send a virtual bouquet of flowers to FallingSnowWinter for planting the seed that grew into this rip-roarin’, historical, country tale. She created and then posted these two sexy and inspiring manips in PattyRose’s FB group, thus stirring PattyRose to take us onto the open range in the 1800’s.


The first tantalizing glimpse of sweaty, dirty Edward - being a man’s man - as he drives his cattle over the Texas plains will get your heart a thumpin’, and believe me, the first mention of his “pecker” will get your blood a racin’. *wink* Edward has a similar reaction when a beautiful cowgirl makes an unexpected appearance…

When this cattle girl finally removes her hat and shakes her head out, long, chocolate hair comes loose and slaps itself against a sun-kissed face that should be on an angel, not a cowhand. I blink and stare like a total jack-ass because the sun has decided to shine every single one of its rays over her, and so I must look.

Wait. 

I ain't no namby-pamby, 'case that's what y'all are thinkin'. I have never known myself to be in love. The three, wonderful, generous women who let me poke around inside them – Tanya, Kate and Rina - were not objects of my undying affection, though I deeply appreciated the favor that they were bestowing on me. I am a practical man of twenty-four years on this here Earth, and while I know that one day I may have to settle down and take a wife, I am aware that the life I lead is not ideal for most married folks. Plenty a grass widow come about from my way of life: women who can't deal with a husband away for months at a time, who rightfully wonder what that husband does on his time away: who's warmin' his body and keepin' his pecker workin' and such. My Ma and Pa have made it work but that right there is the exception not the rule for conjugal bliss. I've resigned myself to the fact that my wife will come second in my life and will either deal with it - or leave.

Unsuspecting Edward considered this his plan until the stubborn as a mule and mighty perty Bella rode into his life.  She is a feisty, strong spirited, impetuous woman living in a man’s world…and I love her! In Edward’s words, “She is the most glorious, confusin' and bewitchin' bein' I have ever encountered.” Between her skills on the open range and her womanly wiles, she brands her man, lassoes his heart, and opens up a new and exhilarating trail for them both – but not without a measure of rugged terrain to negotiate first.

You can bet your bottom dollar the unusual setting, intoxicating plot, delightful old west sayings and the truly interesting menfolk, will quickly have you rounded up, but, I’m not ashamed to admit, PattyRose had me at Cowboyward! Edward’s inner monologue will leave you both giggling at him, and yearning for him, no matter how dirty he might be. Who knew a roll in the hay could be so sensual and hot – even with the scent of manure lingering in the air?  The authentic cowboy speak will allow the dust to invade your nostrils, the fieriness of the midday sun to beat down on your neck, and make your throat as dry as prairie grass, all while feeling you are riding right alongside the Cullen men as they wrangle their cattle towards Abilene.

So ladies, I’d be much obliged if you’d saddle-up, hold tight to the reins, and allow Cowboyward and his…stallion to take you for a wild ride on the open range!

*steps clear of stampede*



A Heart Arcane by Iambeagle
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9642141/1/A-Heart-Arcane
There are people you get over. And then there's Edward Cullen. Rated M


Awkwardly Yours by Vancouver-Canuck-Girl
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9557633/1/Awkwardly-Yours
High school Edward likes a girl named Bella, But he's not a smooth-talking kind of fella. He has his fair share of inserting foot into mouth, And inappropriate risings down south. But he's really kind of sweet, Even if he's sort of a geek. Rated M

Calendar Guys by Popsicle99
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9595891/1/Calendar-Guys
Photographer Bella is heartbroken after her break up from Mike, but her best friend Rosalie has a plan to cheer her up - shooting a sexy calendar for Eclipse magazine. Lots of lemony fun! Featuring Bella, Edward and a whole feast of lovely Twi-guys! Rated M


Superhero In The Stacks by Lellabeth
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9635457/1/Superhero-In-The-Stacks
'He's beautiful, but he doesn't notice me. Nobody does.' Bella's insecurities have forced her to hide away from the world, but her Library Boy changes everything. A birthday fic for Sophiacorgi. Rated M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket