Saturday, August 29, 2015

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature


The Lemonade Stand has spent years bringing you the best the fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE in The Nursery, and now we're sharing previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.



This week, the lovely Vancouver-Canuck-Girl, author of the hilarious Awkwardly Yours, shares a little detail on her upcoming story A Father's Love with us.


A Father’s Love - A Different Kind of Love Story

First of all, a big thank you to Nic for inviting me to do this! 

A Father’s Love has been in the works for two long years. I previously wrote The Real Life of EA Masen in which Edward is the father of three teens. Some of my favorite parts to write were Edward's flashbacks with his babies, and I wanted to write another Daddyward.

I had this crazy idea in my head of Edward raising Bella. I know, it sounds...weird - even to me. I tried to write it as Charlie raising Bella or Edward raising Rosalie but nothing felt right. I doubted myself many times along the way and asked the opinion of countless fandom friends if the plot was too far out in left field. Some said it might be, but most told me to stay true to my vision so I plugged along. 

And then life happened. 

I got pregnant again (with baby number three), my first fur baby passed away, we got a new puppy, I went back to work full time, we started home renovations, and we got a second puppy. Yes, we’re crazy. 

God didn’t think I had enough on my plate. In early January, my dad was taken to the hospital via ambulance in respiratory distress. He was diagnosed with end stage cancer - a massive tumor blocking 98% of his trachea. The doctor informed us he had maybe six weeks to live. Dad proved them all wrong and radiation zapped that tumor down to nothing. Unfortunately, five months later he was diagnosed with Stage 3B non small cell lung cancer.  Don’t google prognosis, it isn’t great. 

When you’re facing something like this, your mind starts to wander. I tried not to look too far into the future and chose instead to focus on the happy moments we’ve shared; so many were from when I was a little girl. The love for my dad, his unconditional love for me, inspired me to start writing again. 

And so here I am with a completed story, ready to begin posting nearly two years after the plot bunny entered my head. It’s the story of love in its purest form. In so many ways, it’s the telling of my dad’s never-ending love for me. 

The story, sixteen chapters in all, is pre-written and already beta’d. I’ll post every Tuesday, and maybe on Thursdays as well. Like most of my other fics there’s some heart, some humor. My goal is to make you laugh and cry. Most of all, I hope this story warms your heart and makes you fondly remember the love of someone special in your life.

And since this is called Sneak Peak - here’s one for you taken from the prologue which will be posted soon!

~**~

I always encourage Isabella to take chances. Tell her failure is an opportunity to practice being brave. I let her know mistakes happen and it’s okay if they do. As my Dad told me, mistakes do not define you. Good people can make bad choices— it doesn’t make you a bad person, it makes you human. And sometimes mistakes lead you down a path you were meant to take. My ‘mistake’, my sweet Isabella Claire, turned out to be everything I never knew I wanted.

And one day, if some rotten boy breaks her heart, I want her to know that not all boys will hurt her. There’s one who loves her beyond reason. That someone loved her first, with a fierceness which can not be explained or reasoned.

Isabella turned a boy into a man; a man into a father. Correction, she’d turned a man into a Daddy,  and no other title could be more important than that.

This is our story but most importantly, it’s the story of love.

A father’s love.

 .

Don't forget to pop VCG on alert so you don't miss out! 

♥ Kim 








1 comment:

Photobucket