Saturday, June 17, 2017

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature



The Lemonade Stand has spent many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very happy to have the chance  to offer you even MORE. We've loved watching stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're excited to share  previews of the stories that will  soon be your new addiction.  

This week, TLS has the talented writer, MeteorOnAMoonlessNight, as our guest! She has written an interesting collection of stories like Jack & Crush, Ex Delicto, Perdition and more, that have been featured on the TLS Rec List a number of times. Let’s check out the Sneak Peek into her new story, Seismic Shift, coming very soon!


banner by MeteorOnAMoonlessNight


Seismic Shift
by MeteorOnAMoonlessNight

Summary: Earthquakes  so rarely occur in the Pacific Northwest that the phenomenon causes the members of the Quileute tribe to investigate. They never would have  expected to find her. She is stubborn, wild, and fiercely independent, and she willfully goes against everything they try to teach her. Especially when it comes to staying away from vampires.


How did you come up with the story?
I  came up with the idea for this story when I was looking at Twilight pictures on Tumblr that focused on the wolf pack. I came across the  quote that I used on the banner, and the words “some days I am more wolf  than woman” pretty much nailed the concept for the story. Combine that with gorgeous pictures of the Olympic National Forest, and I decided I wanted a Bella that was raised by wolves. While I was kicking around  title ideas with my beta (Sarcastic Bimbo), she came up with Seismic Shift, and I knew I had to tie in earthquakes. Bella has no recollection  of her past or how she came to be a shapeshifter; she doesn’t have Quileute blood, but she still considers them family because they have spent years raising her as their own. Her independence is reflected in  her refusal to toe the line, resulting in extreme tension between the  vampires and the werewolves. We follow her journey as she struggles to find her place in the world off the reservation, with Edward by her side. With or without the tribe’s permission.

The  result is an AU story complete with beautiful imagery, a swoon-worthy Edward, a tenacious Bella that can keep pace with him, and an impending war between vampires and werewolves. Whose side will Bella take?

_____


Excerpt from Chapter 3

"Your laugh carves its signature into my subconscious until I feel you everywhere I am.”

I  stopped; stopped laughing, or thinking, or breathing. I moved the few feet between us and stood vulnerable before him. My hand raised of it's  own volition, hesitantly touching his cheekbone. Ancient warnings  whispered in my ear of the dangers of blood drinkers, but I ignored  them.

“You won't hurt me.”

Edward stared into my eyes as he answered my statement. “I could not, or I would be hurting myself immeasurably.”

The pads of my fingers burned as they met with his skin, matching my internal temperature. I'd never felt connected  to any person before. It was a novel feeling, the way my heart pumped  faster, my senses heightened and seemed to home in on Edward.

“Where did you come up with something so beautiful to say?” I asked softly, staring into warm butterscotch.

“You,” Edward said simply. “The words come when I see you, crowding my brain.”  He caught the fingers that still brushed against his cheek and pressed  my palm to his face.

I would be consumed by the fire, and gladly. This creature made of ice would burn me alive. “Do you feel it?”

“There is a connection,” he agreed. His breath washed across my face, smelling sweetly of mint.

“Why do you think that is? We couldn't be more different if the cosmos had tried to create two opposite beings.”

Edward leaned even closer, his face inches from mine. “Perhaps the cosmos created you for me.”

The thought of that had my body vibrating. I stepped away quickly, horrified at the thought of phasing so close to him. The destruction would be devastating for the both of us.

“Did I say something wrong?” he questioned in confusion.

I held my hands in front of me to ward him off. My arms trembled, the glittering noticeable as I fought to clamp down the urge to become  completely primal. “No. No. Just give me- a minute.”

I focused on Edward as I gritted my teeth and locked my body down. His expression was one of concern, a frown wrinkling his perfect brow. When I had tamed the beast within, the shaking subsided, and I felt drained. I sank to the ground, laying my face on the bent grass, concentrating on breathing steadily as I heard him come over.

“Bella? Are you alright? What was that?” Edward's elegant fingers brushed through my hair as I recovered.

“I almost shifted in front of you,” I whispered. My eyelids slipped closed as he stroked my temple gently.

“And that would have been a tragedy, would it not?” His velvet voice was lulling me to sleep.

“Mmm hmm.” My last conscious thought was that I was a werewolf in a vulnerable position, trusting my well being to a vampire.

I  woke alone, sitting up slowly and glancing around. The clouds hovered near the ground, and it was nearing nightfall. I would be in trouble when I made it home. I stretched before starting to jog in the direction of the reservation. I had to face the music, but I wasn't looking  forward to it.

It was Sam that greeted me at the border, as though he had been watching somehow, or just pacing neurotically in hopes of running into me.

“Bella!” he called my name sharply. Sam was tall, towering over the others easily. His black hair was cut close, and it was as shiny as his coat  was when he phased. “Where have you been?” he demanded.

I walked up to him, my arms crossed in front of me. “I fell asleep in the woods.”

“You ask for danger, Bella. You invite it upon yourself, upon us all. I know you go past the boundary, or I could keep better watch. Why do you do this? Why do you make me lecture you about the dangers out there?” He paced as he spoke, and he was indeed lecturing me.

“I'm no Goldilocks, Sam, and I'm not afraid of bears. Are you?” I lifted my brow in challenge.

He stopped in front of me. “You know the only thing we have to fear is the cold ones. The same that live nearby have lived here before. We have no  proof of the safety of being off the treaty lands!”

“I know you believe it, Sam. But I don't. I've seen no reason to agree, no proof.”

“What is that stench?” he said suddenly. He leaned forward and sniffed at me, then leaped away as though he'd been burned. “You've been around one!”  he accused.

“I haven't!” I lied. “I just ventured near a place where maybe one had been. I smelled it too, so I left.”

“I don't believe you,” he snarled.

“I  don't care.” I turned away from him and headed off to my own house, my heart pounding. It took ages to finally calm down enough to sleep, but  when I did my head was filled with dreams of Edward.



I’ve been a fan of MeteorOnAMoonlessNight for a while now and continue to enjoy reading her unique story lines. She never fails to surprise me with her interesting spin on our beloved characters. Be sure to put her on alert and join us in reading Seismic Shift!

~ Nic



4 comments:

  1. I'm hooked!!!!! It's going to be epic!!!!!
    I can't wait for this story to begin posting.
    Awesome sneak peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting! Love twists on the original story like this. Thanks for another great rec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's certainly caught my attention and I'm not usually into wolf stories at all. I'll look forward to being converted with this one. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket